Thank you for your interest in our practice. For more information about our providers, visit About Us.
The initial appointment will be one hour. After reviewing your medical history, we will perform a general medical exam as necessary followed by an Osteopathic structural exam and treatment. Follow-up visits are 30 minutes. At the discretion of the physican, newborns may be seen as follow-ups for mothers who were seen during pregnancy and/or after delivery.
Babies and pregnant mothers with urgent problems can at times be accommodated sooner.
For follow-up visits, please leave a message for our scheduling assistant, Carolina, at 415-255-5729 (voice extension 1 or text) or at email@example.com. She returns calls within 1-2 business days.
- Unfortunately, we do not accept Worker’s Comp or HMOs (including Kaiser). Drs. Shadoan and Gilmartin only see Medicare patients independently of their Medicare coverage. You will not be reimbursed by Medicare, MediGap or any other supplemental plans. Medicare patients must sign an acknowledgement of this.
- You may request a receipt to send to your insurance, but we do not bill insurance directly, nor do we accept liens. Reimbursement is likely only from auto insurance (possibly up to 100%) or some PPO policies (20-60% once deductible has been met).
- Dr. Shadoan and Dr. Gilmartin accept cash, check and all credit/debit cards.
- We require at least two full business days* notice for cancellations, otherwise the full appointment fee will be charged.
(*48 hours for any except Monday appointments, which must be cancelled by the prior Thursday.)
- As a courtesy, you will receive an automated text, email or phone call 2-3 days in advance of upcoming appointments. Please confirm or cancel your appointment by replying directly to the text, email, or if you answer the call live by following the instructions. However, if you only listen to the voice message later, you must call or text us directly to confirm or cancel. If you do not receive an automated message by 2 days before, you must contact us to confirm. Do not come to the office if you have not received an automated confirmation that you are on the schedule.
- Please note that the automated texts will come from a five digit number, 741-21. Please do not reply to this text with any other messages except to confirm or cancel. To reach our staff person, Carolina, with other messages please use our regular number (415) 255-5729 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For your first appointment, please confirm with us about 3 days prior to the appointment. If we do not hear from you, we may have to cancel it.
Once you have made your appointment, please fill out First Visit Paperwork here and email a PDF of the completed document.
For our location and directions (which are also included with the new patient paperwork) see Directions and Parking.