***At this time, only Dr. Shadoan accepts students. Dr. Gilmartin does not accept students.***
Please do not call our office. Prior to contacting Dr. Shadoan via email, you must read/watch the appropriate items linked below. Then send your CV and a brief statement of your interest in Osteopathy (for DO students and residents list all prior OMM Courses, Conferences and Rotations). Once Dr. Shadoan has reviewed your request, he will let you know how to proceed.
Due to high demand, students may need to schedule about 2 months in advance for shadowing and often longer for a rotation. Most of your questions should be answered on the website, so you will not need to contact our busy office staff. If you need to cancel, please give us sufficient notice so that we may schedule another student.
For Pre-Health Professions Students:
- Instructions for Pre-Health Professions Students
- A Brief Guide to Osteopathic Medicine, For Students, By Students
- Andrew Weil chapter and video, and other links below under “For All Students”
- Dr. Fulford’s Touch of Life by Robert Fulford, D.O. (book available online)
For Osteopathic Medical Students and Residents
(Two Week NMM/OMM Rotation only, not an FP Rotation)
- Instructions and Assignments for DO Students/Residents
- Chapter for DO Students/Residents (use for first powerpoint presentation on Osteopathy and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Improving Journal Club Presentations (use to improve your second powerpoint presentation on an OMM journal article of your choosing)
- Osteopathic Research
- Andrew Weil, MD chapter and video, and other links below under “For all students”
For All Students:
- The Best Doctors You’ve Never Heard Of – profile of Osteopathy in Prevention Magazine
- Robert Fulford, D.O. Video – Produced by Andrew Weil, MD
- Right In My Own Backyard – Dr. Weil’s chapter on Dr. Fulford
- See About Osteopathy and sub links on further reading, websites, research.
Note: there is no onsite receptionist. The waiting room is the first room on the left once you enter our suite. On your first day, please wait there until Dr. Shadoan comes to get you.
Students are only allowed in the treatment room with the specific permission of each patient.
While in our office, it is essential that students are aware of patients and the other physician utilizing our limited space. Students are to remain out of the way when in the waiting room, giving up their seat to patients. If the patient does not consent to your presence in the treatment room, feel free to take a short walk outside, especially if the waiting room is crowded.
For all day parking, either use a public lot or see the various maps showing where there are no meters or 2 hour parking limits on our Directions and Parking page.